Monday, May 21, 2012

Featured Business: Naturally Me


taken from http://www.natreview.com Interview of Naturally Me's Owner Chaundra.

The Owner of  Naturally Me , Chaundra Smith, took a little time to let us know more about her and her business.
Naturally Me has a line of natural, vegan certified body care products. Naturally Me was built on the foundation of ” quality beauty on a budget.” Our slogan is luxury body care for the everyday woman.

What inspired you to start your business?
I started Naturally Me because my daughter had acne and I couldn’t afford the mail order subscription remedy and the over the counter remedies weren’t working. My friends suggested that I turn this into a business. I figured that there were others out there like me that wanted a quality product but couldn’t pay high prices. That’s why the majority of our products are based under $20.
You recently won the Microsoft Office 365 Contest. Congratulations! What impact has that had on your business?
Winning the Microsoft Office 365 Contest has allowed Naturally Me to be at a place in business that would have taken us years to get to. I was able to get trademarks, attend major trade shows that are mostly attended by the larger companies, purchase supplies in bulk and pay someone to help me with PR and getting the word out about Naturally Me.
What advice would you give to an aspiring product maker?
Do lots of research and know who your target market is. Just because everyone uses soap doesn’t mean that everyone is in my target market.
What are your best selling items?
It’s hard to decide, but if I have to narrow it down it would be our Soap Bars, All Over Butter and Soy Candles
Where can people find your items?
Naturally Me can found in The Honeybun Boutique in Greensboro, NC, Tour Couture in Brooklyn, NY and online at www.naturallyme.us
Final words?
Don’t give up on your dreams. It doesn’t always take thousands of dollars to start your company. I started my company for less than $100. Also surround yourself with people who are either where you aspire to be or who are on that path.
Thanks Chaundra!

No comments:

Post a Comment