Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Thursday


I haven't blogged in a minute....Been too much going on in my personal life. Anywho, this week my schedule has changed from 9am to 5:30 pm to 7am to 3:30 pm. I must admit it has been a struggle getting up so damn early in the morning but getting off early is sweeeeet. I haven't been counting points on Weight Watchers, nothing. I am supposed to go weigh in today but I'm not going. Why? Cause I went to the doctor Tuesday and I already know what I weigh and I haven't lost a pound.

With this new schedule, I get hungry really early and it's frustrating. The only thing so far that I have found to curb my appetite is Starbucks Coffee. A White chocolate mocha to be exact. So I had one today for breakfast and I'm not hungry at all. Usually (with my new schedule) I'm ready to eat by 10:30am, waaay before lunchtime. I know I'm supposed to eat snacks but actually eating so much is frustrating. Majority of my snacking was done at night when I'm at home. Having to snack in the daytime and getting fruit/veggies all day long which is what you are supposed to eat on WW as snacks is annoying.

I know, I know suck it up and do it right? Eventually I will but right now i am just not feeling it. Eating that much or shall i say that often is distracting. If or rather when I do it, I will have to prepare my foods ahead of time at home so I can just go in the fridge and pick up a bag of whatever fruit and keep it moving and come back to my desk to eat.


When I went to the doctor this past Tuesday she said my blood pressure was great. The best it's ever been so I was proud of that. She said my cholestoral was slightly higher than she would want it to be so I have to get that down. She said I have to eat low fat foods, no fast foods and no fried foods and lower my beef and pork intake to once a week. The beef will be easy. The pork not so much but I can do it. Once a week isn't really that hard.

Back to the White Chocolate Mocha, that damn drink was 17 freaking points. 17!!!! Whew Lord!!!
I still have 31 points left though for the rest of the day so I can still remain with my points. I guess that's the best thing about Weight Watchers is that you can really have a treat every now and then and still stay on point with the program. I contemplated quitting but I know that's not in my best interest so I will keep on, keeping on. I will get it right this time. I have to. I know if I don't, it will catch up to me. I'm not getting younger, I'm getting older and the older I get the more this weight will affect my health.

Hubby and I talked about Lap Band which I am totally against. Totally! I think there are bigger fish to fry here rather than just weight and until I figure out what that is, weight will still be a problem for me. Food is my special friend. It not only nourishes me but sometimes it relaxes me. Sometimes it calms me down. Crazy right?
Not to me. My father was a alcoholic and so was my mother. They both partied hard when I was young and drank and smoke and god knows what else my father got into but I have that addictive nature within me as well. I swore to God that I would never be a alcoholic and to this day I have kept that promise to myself. I am however addicted to something, it may not be alcohol but it's still not good for me. Pray for me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment