Thursday, October 28, 2010

Question: What did we used to do late at night before Facebook & Yahoogroups?








I find myself late at night if I can't sleep getting on Facebook and Yahoogroups and there are always people there to talk to and not just in different time zones but in the same exact time zone and they are up, just like me on Facebook and/or Yahoogroups. 

What did we used to do when we were up in the middle of the night? Just Watch TV? 
I remember back when I had a bout with Insomnia and I was up at 3 am every single night for like 2 or 3 weeks and lo and behold, someone else was up too. LOL 

I think the internet has screwed us up because now most of us are irritated by a phone call. LOL It's like why didn't you just text me that? I can admit that the sound of my house phone ringing irritates me. I'm like who the hell is calling me on a damn landline phone. Who does that? Bill collectors do, that's who. And Moms and Aunts in their 70's, that's who. And Telemarketers and Political calls. UGH! 

I barely talk to people on the phone anymore except for the elders in my family. Are we becoming less sociable because of texting, the internet and the like? Just something I was thinking about.....

1 comment:

  1. Yep, all we did was surf through cable channels and catch up on magazine readings. Hmm, I think some are becoming less sociable, but not most of us. I think we've become more connected. Granted, the depth of those connections is varied, but I still think it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete